We did it! We made it out of winter and into summer. The weather’s warmer, the snow has melted, and the rain has arrived. While the showers may bring flowers, the can also bring a host of problems for homeowners. Especially homeowners with older roofs and homeowners who are unaware of the dangers water damage if you don’t catch the signs of a failing roof prior to water penetrating your home.
Here are five major warning signs to look for to know if your roof could fail…
- There are several missing or loose shingles on your roof.
- Your shingles are curling, cracking, and or dry.
- There are loose granules from your shingles in your gutters.
- The age of your roof is over 20 years old.
- There are dark and/or dirty spots or streaks on your roof.
If you notice one or all of these, you should definitely consider calling Storm Guard Restorations for an onsite consultation.
Now that we’ve gone over the signs to look for in a failing roof, let’s switch the positive of why investing in a roof is good idea for you and your household budget. Here are four more bullet points on the positive aspects or replacing your roof.
- Let’s start with the obvious. A new roof prevents water damage and health and safety concerns by shedding water away from your livable space.
- Return on Investment. A roof replacement can net you a 60% – 70% return on your investment from day one. It also increases the salability of your house on the market.
- Increases Energy Efficiency. Old roofs have failing points that can cause air leakage. New roofs can seal your space better.
- Safety. A new roof will protect your interior framing that is untreated and not designed to be exposed to the elements.
It’s never to early to consult with a roofing expert to discuss your needs and options for a roof, and when it comes to a roof you always want to be on the early side rather than the too late side. Storm Guard Restorations specializes in new roofs, roof repairs, and roof replacements as just one of your many specialized exterior services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any of these services.