Having lived on this planet for a few years now, I have come to the realization that there are only TWO TRUTHS TO LIFE. I’m not talking about death and taxes or money and work or even about the birds and the bees. This is more of an awareness of how you should approach each day.
The first truth seems a bit harsh, but that doesn’t make it any less factual. LIFE DOESN’T CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE. It doesn’t care whether you reach your POTENTIAL, find the LOVE of your life, succeed by CHOICE or by CHANCE, or frankly, whether you succeed at all. No Jiminy Cricket will be sitting on your shoulder, telling you this path might not be a good one to travel down. Or that this house might not be the best investment. Or that this promotion might turn out to be an overwhelming headache. It doesn’t care. It plays no favorites. And frankly, that’s a little frightening.
But here’s the good news, the second truth of life; IT IS ALL UP TO YOU, You are the author of your own story, your own fate – & – YOU ARE LIMITLESS. You can make your life whatever you decide you want it to be. There is no limit to the number of changes you can make in yourself and your surroundings that will yield untold benefits. There is no limit to the number of times you can change for the better if you decide to be limitless.
How can you prepare yourself to take advantage of this great second truth of life?
- Make great (meaningful) use of your time. Have a vision. Have a plan. Pick a day and get started. Today would be great, but if that won’t work, pick a birthday or the first day of spring.
- Set attainable goals that will encourage you to keep moving in your chosen direction.
- Set goals that are beyond your reach at the moment to keep you ever striving to do better.
- Work on living with a continuously positive mental attitude. Refuse to wake up on the wrong side of the bed or to do windows. Everything can be a positive lesson.
- Take action. It truly speaks louder than words.
Forget all the reasons people say it can’t be done and believe in the one reason it can: IT IS ALL UP TO YOU.